Ideal situations – remember the video of Jerry’s First office – Noise dust and dark etc. Also at one time he conducted quick sessions with the clients standing up!
1) Subdued Lighting is best – (clients pre- conceptions of a relaxing atmosphere)
2) Colours – subdued – light or neutral
3) Temperature slightly on the warm osde – people tend to become cool in hypnosis – but not always!
4) Eliminate (be aware of) odours
b. Hair spray
5) Music – ideally none
6) No drugs or alcohol (your and the clients!). If they seem inebriated ask them to come back another time
7) Ideally a recliner chair (expectation again)
8) Ask the client to wear lose comfortable clothing to the session
9) Ask the client (gently) to keep arms and legs uncrossed – as limbs become heavy and in hypnosis can appear to the client as great weights
10) 10 Ask the client if they would like to remove their glasses